Monday 8 October 2012

A White girl in Da Nang


Being a white girl in Da Nang makes me somewhat of a celebrity the locals stare at you and everyone wants to say hello. I have been told I am beautiful more times than I can count which is great for my ego but I have also had just as many inappropriate comments by young and old Vietnamese men. I am such a novelty to the Vietnamese people that today while I was riding my motorbike a guy on the back of another bike got out his phone and filmed me as I was riding along.  I have loved the chance to talk with the locals at work and out on the street the people are really friendly and genuine which is a refreshing change to other Asian tourist towns. I do worry that it won’t last for long, not with all the new beach side development which will be a huge shame to see such a wonderful city change.

No comments:

Post a Comment